Director of CERT (CISO)
Director of CERT (CISO)
Director of Computer Emergency Response Team (CISO) -
Government of Jersey, Tier 2 pay scale
We are excited to launch the search campaign to recruit the Director of the new Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), an executive director level position within the Government of Jersey. The role is based on Jersey and work licenses and generous relocation is provided.
The key purpose of the role is to establish and run a Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) to maintain and strengthen the international reputation of the Bailiwick of Jersey (Jersey jurisdiction) as a safe place to live and to do business online
Through the strategic leadership and development of the CERT to increase the level of cyber resilience across the islands’ critical national infrastructure and business communities and reduce the risk and impact of major cyber incidents. By building effective partnerships with senior stakeholders globally you will continue to enhance the international reputation of the Bailiwick of Jersey with relation to cyber security.
Required Outcomes from the role
- Establish and lead a pioneering CERT, mitigating the consequences of cyber security breaches.
- Be accountable for defining and delivering the outcomes required by the CERT and ensuring robust governance and controls are in place.
- Manage finance and costs and commissioning internal and external projects and support.
- Collaborate with board-level executives across the private and public sector to build the cyber capability of organisations across the Island
- Be an international representative for the Bailiwick of Jersey ensuring the Cyber Security meets and exceeds international best practice.
- Operate autonomously to address complex, critical challenges and ensure a clear understanding of the current and future threat landscape.
- Direct the day-to-day CERT operations including delivery of strategic plans and regular reporting to the CERT Board.
- Substantial experience of having managed complex cyber security issues within government, critical national infrastructure, regulator and/or private sector company.
- Represented an organisation, authority or government at an international level on cyber security.
- Proven experience of successful policy and strategy formulation and review.
- Leading and managing a team of cyber security specialist staff with an ability to demonstrate success in delivering robust proven frameworks.
- Delivery of complex projects within the public and private sector.
- Extensive background in digital policy and strategy.
- Cyber Security work in multi-disciplined environments.
- Provision of strategic Cyber Security advice directly to key stakeholders
Jersey is uniquely placed as an internationally renowned business centre and an amazing place to live. This highly exciting role gives the opportunity to be an internationally recognised leader in cyber security best practise, representing Jersey on a global scale whilst benefiting from one of the safest, sunniest and most beautiful environments in the British Isles.
To apply please send your details, including a current CV to our retained search partners Harvey Nash at email@example.com