Harvey Nash is working in partnership with Chesterfield Borough Council to source and secure a passionate engineer, as they embark on an ambitious Digital & ICT transformation.
Chesterfield Borough Council is home to around 105,000 residents, and of course the world famous ‘crooked spire’ church.
Chesterfield plan to procure the latest technology, and use it to assist in the delivery of over 50 services they deliver across the region. Being an organisation with a social purpose, it’s crucial that anyone joining the team is bought in to the shared vision, and ensures that the people of Chesterfield are at the heart of everything they do.
Over the coming months and years, Chesterfield plan to deliver a number of exciting projects under structured methodology, giving staff modern and updated infrastructure.
The primary role of the engineer is to maintain the council’s crucial infrastructure, with a particular focus on networks, servers and storage. Ideally you will have experience as a 2nd & 3rd line engineer, and will be well versed in dealing with a variety of complex issues relating to the above.
- Ensure appropriate 2nd and 3rd line issues are resolved swiftly
- Manage Chesterfield’s server and storage infrastructure (on premise & cloud)
- Ensure infrastructure is running at peak performance
- Ensure infrastructure is fully protected
- Ensure rigid security standards are applied to all mobile and stationary devices
- Manage LAN, WAN and network perimeter equipment (firewalls and VPNs)
- Assist in the transition from legacy systems to new technology investments
- Office 365
- Any experience of Cisco / Networking
- SD Wan
- Managed Print Service
- Cloud Transformation experience - AWS
- Strong digital platform knowledge
- Design experience
What’s on offer?
This is a chance to join an organisation that is commercially minded with a social purpose. If you have an energetic mind-set, attention to detail and would like to be a part of an organisation delivering significant change to the people of Chesterfield, then this could be a the place to build your career.
If the above sounds like you, please click apply for instant consideration.
Alternatively please visit our microsite - https://microsites.harveynash.com/cbc/engineer/
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£65000 - £80000 per annum
Up to £24029 per annum
Salford, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £55000 per annum