Are you an experienced Software Developer looking for hands-on experience with the latest Cloud tech? Do you want a role with clear progression paths? Do you want a very competitive pay and benefits package? If so, Harvey Nash has the opportunity for you.
Harvey Nash are currently looking for an experienced Java Developer on a permanent basis to work with a FTSE 250 organisation in the Bradford area. This is a fantastic opportunity where you won’t just be coding in Java, you’ll continuously be adding value to the wider business with your own ideas.
Responsibilities & duties also include:
- Defining, designing, delivering & transitioning business change through the development of Java micro-services
- Handling NoSQL data stores on Dynamo DB and Google DataStore as well as relational data on Postgres and BigQuery
- Owning the full functionality offered by AWS and GCP including ECS, EC2, Elastic Map Reduce, Elastic Search, Lambdas, AppEngine and Compute Engine
- Helping to drive the technical direction of the team, and 3rd party development resource, to maintain currency and relevance in the technology market
- Working with Technical Architect to build the end to end system framework
- Owning the DevOps experience to create the automated software build and deployment pipelines and automated provisioning of environments and support assets
- Full life-cycle development experience in Java, following Agile principles
- Modern day development experience in Microservices, Containers (Docker)
- Strong written and verbal communication of technical detail
- AWS or GCP and Terraform experience
- Enterprise Application Integration using REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, Flat File, Atom or SFTP, COTS Integration & Integration Security
- Knowledge of API Gateways, Iterative Development and Data Extraction, Migration, Synchronisation & Transformation across multiple systems
- Test Driven Development, Unit and Component Integration Testing, automated testing using nosetests, selenium and cucumber framework, Continuous Integration, Testing and Deployment, Code configuration following GitFlow
- Release management with Pipeline configuration, both using Bitbucket and Jenkins and Confluence & JIRA tools
If you feel this is the role for you, then please apply within.
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits