£40,565-£45,948 per annum - with potential for further progression to £51,730 pa through a pay progression scheme.
Harvey Nash is proud to be partnered with a non-departmental public body who are currently under-going a largescale Digital Transformation; and are looking to recruit a Scrum Master on a permanent basis.
The successful Scrum Master will play a key and critical role; managing resources, deliverables, relationships, risks, dependencies ensuring capacity and skills for successful outcome achievement. They will ensure project transparency and accurate reporting on the journey to implementing Agile working practices.
The successful Scrum Master will have the following responsibilities:
- Project Planning, Management and Reporting – use your knowledge and experience of agile methods to recommend the best approach for project delivery; predominately blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile delivery approach to ensure the successful implementation of a wide range of products – this may include digital, infrastructure and non-digital/technology related projects, products and services
- Ensure teams are empowered to produce high quality services, following best practices
- Be primarily responsible for the timely and on-cost delivery of product features during the project inception and delivery phases
- Support the Product Owner – holding the product team to account for delivery of the Vision, Features and Stories committed to achieve a successful MVP
- Supporting the Product Owner in developing User Stories and grooming/prioritising of the product backlog
- Being Accountable for defining and adhering to the timeline for the project
- Inspire product/project teams to be agile, user-centred, high-performing, collaborative, and trusting
- Leverage User Centred Design and data driven iteration to ensure maximum value from delivered MVP
- Working with Product Teams, Application Support, Software Testing and Infrastructure to reduce blockages and ensure timely delivery
- Management of 3rd party vendors involved in project delivery including responsibility for delivery and the identification & communication of risk
- Where required, attend and present materials to the relevantProject governance boards
- Be active in coaching and mentoring colleagues and aid other teams in mentoring & coaching
- Take Responsibility and collaborate with technical leaders in the wider organisation to improve services, products, practices, standards, project delivery, performance, and team culture.
- There will be regular contact with Senior people within the organisation up to Director and non-executive board level. This will be to report progress, escalate issues/risks, build project teams, provide confidence, obtain approval, provide advice and guidance, agree benefits, gather and share information, agree roles and responsibilities
- Communication with team members across the business to plan and drive activities, monitor progress, resolve issues, promote a spirit of collaboration
- Facilitates the engagement of stakeholders and delivery of services and change projects, acting as a single point of contact for senior stakeholders, facilitating relationships between them
- Managing risks, issues and dependencies, deciding on the appropriate actions and mitigations, obtaining agreement and ensuring effective communication
- Prepares Project forecasts, Reports including Burndown/up and tracks & manages actual project spend
- Collects and maintains data for measurement
If you are an experienced Scrum Master, looking for your next opportunity then I would like to hear from you.
Please apply directly, and if your application is successful; one of the team will be in touch.
Content TypeLatest News
Do you know what a Software Engineer is? Software engineering is generally described as the design, development, testing and maintenance of software applications to address real-world problems.
Content TypeLatest News
Could you spot an AI generated CV? The launch of advanced natural language processing models (NLP) such as ChatGPT and the ease at which they can be accessed and used is one of the most signifi
Exploring the future of Engineering with AIOps eventIn the world of engineering and architecture, the potential of AI is limitless. AI has the potential to transform your workload, making it n