Wakefield and District has a captivating history and is most famous for its rich mining, textile and agricultural heritage. Home to the internationally acclaimed Hepworth Gallery and Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Wakefield is a thriving, historical and cultural city located in the heart of the North of England. The council is on a mission to deliver an outstanding experience for the c340,000 residents and 8,000 employees. The latest technology has been procured and plans to deliver a number of key projects which will improve customer experience, workforce management and deployment, business intelligence and collaboration with partners have been put in place.
We are seeking motivated, values led individuals interested in working with an organisation with a strong social purpose. If you would like to be a part of this ambitious transformation which aims to improve and secure the best possible outcomes for all people across the district, then please read on.
Overall Purpose of the Post:
The Test Manager is a key protagonist within the Council's digital transformation. You will provide strategic direction, leading the definition of the Technology Service's quality assurance and testing strategy. As the Test Manager you will provide technical leadership, driving the test function forwards, building talented QA and Testing teams along the journey, enabling the Council to well and truly enter the digital age.
* Define the quality assurance and testing strategy
* Provide strategic direction
* Offer technical leadership
* Build QA and Testing teams, managing the workload, performance and development
* Develop methodologies for working with external suppliers
* Report on standard quality metrics, showing quality levels and trends across each product
* Utilise data-driven metrics to communicate results
* Introduce and promote Test automation across the Council
This is a pivotal role within the Council's Digital Transformation programme and so requires an experienced Test Manager to ensure that the residents of Wakefield are provided with high-quality, resilient systems and software. We're looking to speak with Test Managers with substantial experience operating within a senior level in testing. You will need a thorough understanding of all aspects of testing, with experience of functional, non-functional, integration, performance, security and unit testing.
* Management experience within a testing environment
* Delivery of testing strategies
* Execution of a wide range of testing techniques covering all aspects of testing
* Experience of automated testing practices
* Ownership of contract management and relationship with external suppliers
* Strong leadership skills, leading manual and automation testing
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, ability to educate stakeholders along the journey
* Credible, persuasive and able to speak in business terms
Technology Programme priorities:
* Build once, use many times
* Smarter and sustainable
* Resilient and innovation ready
What's on offer?
This is a chance to join an organisation that is commercially minded with a social purpose. If you have an energetic mind-set, attention to detail and would like to be a part of an organisation delivering significant benefits to the people of Wakefield, then this could be the place to build your career.
In return Wakefield Council can offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the chance to be a part of this exciting journey. Wakefield has excellent travel links, sitting on the intersection of the M1 and M62 and with rail links on the East Coast mainline for London, North East and Scotland plus Transpennine services via Leeds.
If the above sounds like you, please click apply for consideration.